Monday, 22 August 2011

Experimental collages

These are some of the first collage-like images I did, inspired by some photographs I found online by an artist called Letha Wilson and the mass amounts of tiny strips of paper I was cutting out when putting together my visual diary.. I started by weaving the paper into the photographs in specific ways to block out some of the main facial features, and went from there. The images address the idea of identifying and the way that this act is similar to the act of piecing together a jigsaw puzzle; within the images are segments and snippets of the subject that the viewer naturally tries to make sense of.



Abbey Proctor, 2011, Roll [photographic collage]


Abbey Proctor, 2011, White [photographic collage]


Abbey Proctor, 2011, Strips [photographic collage]

Abbey Proctor, 2011, Negative strips  [photographic collage]

No comments:

Post a Comment