Monday, 22 August 2011

More collage

These collages have been put together using images from a book filled with 10 years of Harper's Bazaar photographs. When I started playing around with these photographs, it seemed like my work should be heading towards an appropriation/found photographs road and for some reason I wanted to use fashion photographs. Originally I went hunting for old 1960's Vogue magazines but was not successful. These images explore the same idea as my earlier collages; the act of identifying an individual is similar to that of piecing together a jigsaw puzzle. However after working with these collages for a few weeks, I realised they were starting to become a critique of the media and were going down a feminist road due to almost all of the photographs being of women. I didn't want that so I decided to reevaluate and redirect my work away from collage, although I do think a lot of the images worked really well and said what it was I wanted them to say..


Abbey Proctor, 2011, Triangle [collage]


Abbey Proctor, 2011, Shift [collage]


Abbey Proctor, 2011, Blue dots [collage]


Abbey Proctor, 2011, Double face [collage]


Abbey Proctor, 2011, Mismatched [collage]


Abbey Proctor, 2011, Facial shift [collage]


Abbey Proctor, 2011, Triangle and dots [collage]

No comments:

Post a Comment